How to get Off-Campus Placement?
3 min read
Hey, y'all! I'm Anmol Sahu and this blog is all about how you can crack off-campus jobs.
For those who want to watch the video instead of reading it, here is the link:
I'm going to explain you the stepwise off-campus process.
1. Optimizing Profile:
• Put a nice profile photo, a good description, and connect with as many friends as possible.
• Then you have to follow the HRs or connect with them because if they post any opening, you'll be able to see that faster.
• Then you've to follow some hashtags such as #HR, #Hiring, #Jobs follow these 3-4 hashtags then there are these pages that post about job openings like aboutjobs, jobhiring. These are the pages that keep notifying you about the job openings in different companies.
Once you'll do these things, you'll also get to see the job openings in your feed. Whenever a person writes a post, it includes the hashtags- #jobs or #hiring so whenever someone will post, you'll get to know the opening in that company.
2. Connect with employees
• Send the company's employees a connection request, follow them, and message them directly. Brief them about you and your skills and tell them you're interested in applying for the job and ask them for a referral in the end. This referral is very important because with this there are high chances of you being noticed by the HRs.
• Now once you get the referral, you have to change your resume according to the job description. If any description has python or C++ important in it, you have to mention that in your resume, or you'll not even be shortlisted. Then go and apply for it.
Referrals and changing resumes are a very good combo. It works many a time. After applying, you'll get a reply within a few hours or a few days if not, it means you may be rejected, but that doesn't matter.
• If your application has been accepted, you have to research hat company. Make a note of their online tests, their interview questions, and a brief note about their company and its function.
• Then You've go to geeksforgeeks and find out what type of questions do they ask so you're getting yourself ready for the interview concerning that company.
• You've to wait for the result. If you've been accepted congratulations! If not it's all okay, many people get rejected. So don’t worry. Keep trying you’ll reach there.
3. Don't give up:
Don't give up at any cost. The Off-campus process itself is a very long and tedious one.
You'll be tired many times and back out from the process. But this is not to be done. You never have to give up, keep this fixed. This process is something that checks your patience. Many students keep getting rejected but due to their patience and perseverance, they do get the job in the end finally.
If the process follows correctly, you'll be able to get a good job. If you've any problem you can text me on LinkedIn, I'll try to help you.
So hope I was able to guide you through the off-campus process well.
“Never stop dreaming, never stop believing, never give up, never stop trying, and never stop learning.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart